Saturday, May 23, 2009

Shopping Day at La Défense


Began the day with the French conversation group to learn a bit more French before venturing out to the mall again at La Défense. Wanted to buy some gifts for home as well as some groceries and a few other necessities. Thought I'd add a picture of the inside of the Quatre Temps mall this time. It's a huge mall -- at least 5 floors -- within this Metro/RER station and includes the supermarché Auchan as well as some well known stores such as Sephora, C&A department store, Virgin Records, and Toys 'r Us, along with many small boutiques and eateries. If you can't find what you're looking for at this mall, it probably doesn't exist in Paris.




Today I took the escalators all the way to the top floor of the mall, and found -- what else? -- a Starbucks. So I ordered a tall latte and went outside to sit on the steps and read my book. When I looked up, I suddenly realized I was sitting directly across from La Grand Arche. It's an extremely impressive building when you are sitting there looking at it. Pictures can't possibly portray just what a massive structure it is.



A closer view of people resting on the steps leading up to the Arch gives a better view of just how massive this building is.
Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment