Thursday, May 21, 2009

Flower Shop



Since I seemed to run into roadblocks everywhere I went today [figuratively, not literally], I wound up returning home early for a bit of shopping in the neighborhood. And of course that included my favorite flower shop called by the amazingly appropriate name of “Happy”. The word also describes the proprietor who happened to be outside when I was taking the picture of her shop. She is always helpful and delightful, and tries very hard to understand my halting French as I struggle to understand her English. Somehow we manage, and I always return home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Not sure what it is about carrying flowers, but it seems to make people smile – even in France where most are somewhat reluctant to do so.



Here's today’s bouquet sitting prettily in my tiny apartment.
Bonsoir

No comments:

Post a Comment